Nine Inch Nails Live 2013
is a Nine Inch Nails
tour planned for 2013 and 2014. It was announced
on February 25, 2013 via Pitchfork:
Nine Inch Nails are touring this year.
I was working with Adrian Belew on some musical ideas, which led to some discussion on performing, which led to some beard-scratching, which (many steps later) led to the decision to re-think the idea of what Nine Inch Nails could be, and the idea of playing a show. Calls were made to some friends, lots of new ideas were discussed, and a show was booked - which led to another, which somehow led to a lot of shows.
The band is reinventing itself from scratch and will be comprised of Eric Avery, Adrian Belew, Alessandro Cortini, Josh Eustis, Ilan Rubin, and me. The first shows will begin this summer, followed by a full-on arena tour of the US this fall, and lots of other dates worldwide to follow through 2014.
Lots of details and dates to come. See you soon.
On May 15, 2013, Eric Avery announced via Facebook that he was leaving the lineup:
its with very mixed emotions i tell you all that im pulling out of NIN. i know. its been a tough call and i don't know if its the right one. but i really want to focus on my musical life here in la, on film work in particular. as the tour dates kept growing… i just got overwhelmed. i just got home from a year of heavy travel with garbage, the idea of leaving town for another year and a half, and with all the intensity that nails demands… fortunately my friend Trent understands all this and appreciated my pulling the plug now instead of deep into 2013 and 14. go get em gentlemen.
On May 17, 2013, Trent Reznor announced via nin.com that Robin Finck was back in the band:
"I am proud to announce that the tour lineup now includes the incredible Robin Finck. The addition of Robin to the mix of players I've assembled makes this band incredibly powerful and versatile. We are deep in the rehearsal process and it feels exciting and great to be back at this. Lots of information, surprises and sweat headed your way. Stay tuned!
Nine Inch Nails: Adrian Belew / Alessandro Cortini / Josh Eustis / Robin Finck / Trent Reznor / Ilan Rubin
It was originally assumed that Josh Eustis would be playing keyboards, but after Eric Avery was no longer available to play bass, a rehearsal photo that accompanied the tweet revealed that Eustis had apparently switched to bass.
to be announced
to be announced
- 2013/07/26 Naeba, Japan (Fuji Rock Festival)
- 2013/07/28 Ansan, South Korea (Ansan Valley Festival)
- 2013/08/02 Chicago, IL (Lollapalooza)
- 2013/08/xx San Francisco, CA (Outside Lands Festival)
- 2013/08/15 Hasselt, Belgium (Pukkelpop Festival)
- 2013/08/16 Biddinghuizen, Netherlands (Lowlands Festival)
- 2013/08/18 Hockenheim, Germany (Rock'n'Heim Festival)
- 2013/08/23 West Yorkshire, England (Leeds Festival)
- 2013/08/24 Paris, France (Rock en Seine Festival)
- 2013/08/25 Reading, England (Reading Festival)
- 2013/08/28 Milan, Italy (Mediolanum Forum)
- 2013/08/29 Zurich, Switzerland (Zurich Openair Festival)
- 2013/08/31 Philadelphia, PA (Made In America Festival)
- 2013/10/xx Ashville, NC (Mountain Oasis Electronic Music Summit)
- 2013/11/xx New Orleans, LA (Voodoo Festival)
- More dates TBA