Are we able to upload pictures to our user page or use any kind of coding, like HTML, to do so? AIRNIN 05:42, 9 March 2011 (PST)
- Other people have uploaded images for themselves, so I guess saying outright no isn't very fair, but remember that anyone can see and use those images. HTML won't work though, you will have to use [[File:Image.jpg]]. Oh, and don't upload advertising images, try to hotlink to other sites or post the images on inappropriate articles. sheepdean Try to speak as clearly as you can 08:19, 9 March 2011 (PST)
- I was just going to upload an image of my username that is based on the NIN logo, not an advertisement for anything, just wanted to add a sense of personalization/individuality to my user page. Where exactly would I go to upload the image? The "Upload file" bullet in the toolbox? I just want to make sure so I do screw anything up, haha. AIRNIN 11:35, 9 March 2011 (PST)
- Upload file yeah - try and make the file as small as possible to conserve server space sheepdean Try to speak as clearly as you can 12:50, 9 March 2011 (PST)
- After I attempt to upload a jpeg version of the image I wish to upload, it responds with this: "File extension does not match MIME type." How do I go about getting around this? AIRNIN 05:19, 10 March 2011 (PST)
- Im guessing you had a gif, png, bmp, or something else with an incorrect jpg extension. -Malechite 10:01, 10 March 2011 (PST)
- It's a jpeg. And kudos on the ninwiki overhaul Malechite. AIRNIN 11:48, 10 March 2011 (PST)
- Thanks! As far as the image, I'm not sure, all I can say is change the extension to .jpg instead of .jpeg, or open it in a photo program, and re-save it.
- Okay, well I have tried all the permitted file types and tried changing the extension through Paint and Photoshop on Windows with no luck... AIRNIN 14:18, 10 March 2011 (PST)
- Send it to [removed] -Malechite 14:44, 10 March 2011 (PST)
- Thanks for your help Malechite :) AIRNIN 14:59, 10 March 2011 (PST)
So I'm just clicking the "Random page" link on the side when I find myself bored on the computer and just going through and looking at the pages and editing whatever "mistakes" I come across and I just wanted to get some clarification on editing.
- I personally think that commas and periods should be on the outside of quotations when it comes to song titles and whatnot, like in the case: NIN performed "The Wretched", "Suck", and "March Of The Pigs". As opposed to: NIN performed "The Wretched," "Suck," and "March Of The Pigs." The song titles don't include the comma or period so I don't think it should be placed inside the quotations.
- On live performance pages I just wanted to know what should be the way to represent the start of the encore section of the performance. I've seen ~encore~, ENCORE, and encore and I just thought there should be a single way to express it.
Again, these are just little things, but I just thought we'd like to have specific/certain ways to present them. AIRNIN 18:41, 18 March 2011 (UTC)
- Well, the reason punctuation goes inside quotes is because its one of those weird technical english rules. see This page on quotation marks. as for the encore, you are right, they should all be the same, and should be whatever looks best, so i would probably go with a mix of all of those, so -Encore- -Malechite 23:38, 18 March 2011 (UTC)
- Okay, I'll have to keep the punctuation mark rule thingy in mind while editing regardless of how I feel about it, darn English law, haha. And I think -Encore- looks/works best ;p AIRNIN 23:59, 18 March 2011 (UTC)
For quite some time I've been wondering who it is exactly that is in charge of the website so I could discuss with them an update for the site, but I don't know if it's anyone in the NIN community or if it's anyone at Universal Records. However, if it happens to be anyone on here that can see this, I was wondering if the site could be updated to include a share feature to social networking sites. I know you can copy and paste the link to share it on Facebook for instance, but I'm talking about making it so the song would stream much like a YouTube video or a song from SoundCloud does. AIRNIN 17:09, 15 December 2012 (UTC)
I've been using this website rather frequently as I try to build my collection and was thinking it would be cool if we linked each Halo to it's respective page on nincatalog.com. I figured I should post the idea in my discussion section so a member of the ninwiki staff could approve the idea before I went and edited anything. AIRNIN 02:43, 31 December 2012 (UTC)